Guided tour, Säynätsalo Town Hall
6,00€ - 10,00€
Visit Säynätsalo Town hall on a guided tour!
The Säynätsalo Town Hall was completed in 1952 according to the plan by Alvar Aalto. The building is one of Aalto’s most remarkable designs – it has an important role in the history of modern architecture. The red-brick town hall building has a variety of functions. Until 1993 it hosted the municipal administration. Nowadays there are library, apartments and business premises. The different parts of the building are set around a beautiful courtyard, piazza. The dominant element of the building is the council chamber, which soars tower-like above the complex. Säynätsalo Town Hall is a complete work of art in which all the furniture, light fittings and even the smallest details are designed by Aalto.
The town hall premises are presented during the guided tour. The tour takes about 30 minutes after which it is possible to explore the area independently. The tour is carried out in Finnish and English.
- You may purchase your ticket by choosing the number of tickets and then clicking the date and time in the calendar below
- You’ll receive the e-ticket (order confirmation) into your inbox after you have proceeded to checkout and paid your order and we have confirmed the order
- The ticket is only valid for the designated time. Please don’t be late for your tour!
- Please select your visit hour carefully, tickets cannot be refunded!
- If you have purchased a concession ticket, you must show the relevant documentation (e.g. a student card, Museum card) on site
- Group bookings and enquiries: contact email@example.com