Guided tour, Muuratsalo Experimental House
7,00€ - 18,00€
The Experimental house is only open during summer season. The next guided tours will be held in June 2020 and will be available for purchase in spring 2020.
The Experimental house (1952-54) was Elissa and Alvar Aalto’s self-designed atelier and summer residence. It was inspired by the idea of an Ancient Roman atrium. The Experimental house is located in Central Finland, in a beautiful spot on the rocky shore of Lake Päijänne, sheltered by the coastal forests. This is where Aalto had the freedom to experiment with different materials, forms, techniques and proportions.
In addition to the actual residential building, the tour includes the smoke sauna and the boat that Aalto designed and named “Nemo Propheta in Patria”. The guided part of the tour takes about 45 minutes, followed by free time to walk around until 3 pm. Please note, that the Experimental house area is located inside a forest and the area is not wheelchair or baby stroller accessible. Guided tours can accommodate up to 20 people and are held in Finnish and English.
- You may purchase your ticket by choosing the number of tickets and then clicking the date and time in the calendar below
- You’ll receive the e-ticket (order confirmation) straight into your inbox after you have proceeded to checkout and paid your order
- The ticket is only valid for the designated time. Please don’t be late for your tour!
- Please select your visit hour carefully, tickets cannot be refunded!
- If you have purchased a concession ticket, you must show the relevant documentation (e.g. a student card, Docomomo card) on site
- Group bookings and enquiries: contact email@example.com
Muuratsalo island can be reached for example by local bus or bike. You will receive more detailed information with the ticket.