Guided tour, House of Culture
11,00€ - 16,00€
Visit the House of Culture on a guided tour! The building is located near Helsinki city centre.
The House of Culture in Helsinki is known as one of Alvar Aalto’s red brick masterworks. Completed in 1958, the building complex used to combine the party headquarters of the Finnish Communist Party and cultural facilities, including a concert hall, a cinema and a restaurant. The two main functions of the building are highlighted by the architectural solutions: the contrast between the rectangular, copper-clad office wing and the large, free-form auditorium of red brick creates one of Aalto’s most impressive exteriors.
A specially manufactured wedge-shaped brick was invented by Aalto for the façade. Thanks to its concert hall with seating for 1,500, the House of Culture continues to be a popular venue for concerts and other events even today.
The tour takes about one hour. The meeting point is the entrance to the main auditorium.
- You may purchase your ticket by choosing the number of tickets and then clicking the date and time in the calendar below
- You’ll receive the e-ticket (confirmation) straight into your inbox after you have proceeded to checkout and paid your order
- The ticket is only valid for the designated time. Please don’t be late for your tour!
- Please select your visit hour carefully, tickets cannot be refunded!
- Please make sure you pay your booking immediately – due to high demand, the reservation will be automatically cancelled within 15 minutes if no payment is made
- If you have purchased a concession ticket, you must show the relevant documentation (e.g. a student card, Docomomo card) on site
- Group bookings only by email: contact email@example.com
- Pre-sale of tickets in our online shop ends 1 hour before the tour. Possible unsold tickets are available on-site before each tour